to the DFL Senate District 33 web site!
Senate District 33 consists of the communities of Corcoran, parts of Chanhassen, Deephaven, Excelsior, Greenfield, Greenwood, Independence, Long Lake, Loretto, Maple Plain, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Minnetrista, Mound, Orono, Shorewood, Spring Park, St. Bonifacius, Tonka Bay, and Wayzata.
Happenings in SD 33:
2016 Precinct Caucuses – March 1st, 7PM (Registration 6:30PM) – Mark your Calendars!
The 2016 year in politics is ramping up with Precinct Caucuses coming up in March. Please join us to make your voice heard!
You might ask – ‘Why come to Precinct Caucus?‘
- Meet other Democrats in your area.
- Learn about what is happening in the DFL in our district.
- Meet candidates – many candidates attend caucus to meet voters.
- Complete preference ballot for President.
- Voice your position on issues – offer Resolutions to DFL Platform (come prepared by filling out the Resolution form).
- Volunteer to lead/elect leaders in your precinct – Precinct Chair/Vice Chair.
- Volunteer to help on Pre-Convention Committees.
- Volunteer/elect Delegates to the Senate District 33 DFL Convention (April 9th).
- Volunteer to be an Election Judge.
This is the grassroots action of our party. We need your participation to make this a great experience for everyone!
Ways you can VOLUNTEER to help:
- Convene a Precinct Caucus – we train you and it is fun!
- Help people find their precinct locations at caucus
- Greet people at caucus site
- Join a Pre-Convention Committee (help arrange convention, endorse, modify SD33 DFL constitution, etc)
Just send an e-mail to Joe Casey, Vice Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cathy Olson, Chair (email@example.com) to volunteer. We welcome your participation and are planning a caucus full of information and action.
If you are unable to attend caucus, but would like to put forth your name as Convention Delegate, Precinct Chair/Vice Chair, Pre-Convention Committee member, or an Election Judge, please send Cathy Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org) a completed Absentee Participation Form.
Participation is key to success – we have made great progress. With your help we can turn this district blue!
Look forward to seeing you in March!
Chair’s Ask – Jump in and Support the DFL Right here in our Community!
You can make a difference; the time is now to prepare for the 2016!
Our best opportunity for electing candidates to the MN House and Senate is in Presidential Election years. In the last presidential cycle we turned in the highest DFL results in the history of our district, and we couldn’t have done it without you! We need your help to build on this success in the upcoming presidential election year.
Minnesota is back on track in a big way. Politico rates us the best state in the country, CNBC rates us as the sixth best state for businesses, and we’ve funded all-day kindergarten. We turned a $6 billion deficit into a more than $1 billion surplus so we finally have the resources to invest in areas that have been neglected for over a decade, like infrastructure, education, and property tax relief. Unfortunately, our current representatives have not been a part of any of this. As a matter of fact, they’ve been naysayers every step of the way and are now trying to un-do this progress.
You ask – How can I help? There are many ways – grassroots participation and support are key to our success! Join in and have fun:
- Be a Precinct Chair or help a precinct chair? Lead right in our community
- Make Phone Calls
- Go door to door (with a candidate or doing voter id work)
- Events: March in Parades, Go to Rallies, go to voter forums and debates
- Write letters to editor or content for newsletter/website
- Envelope stuffing for communications
- Host a gathering at your house.
- Attend an event in SD33; bring friends
- Anything else that you can do to help that we haven’t thought of yet.
The Senate District provides essential financial support of our candidates – this is typically the starting foundation for a new campaign. In addition, as your DFL focus in Senate District 33, we:
- Recruit Candidates
- Provide communication and voter education on key issues and policies
- Conduct caucus and convention – fully funded by us
- Organize volunteers – host door knocks, phone banks, voter registration
- Organize events to rally democrats and increase DFL presence
- Identify New Voters – Provide election information – Get out the Vote
We are a self-supporting organization. With your help we can enjoy a larger presence in our community and elect responsible leaders. We are confident that we can turn the tide in District 33.
This is your chance to give at the most local, grass-roots level. Your contribution will help us recruit candidates, provide voter education on key issues, organize volunteers and events to rally democrats and more, right here in your community.
Let’s not let Minnesota be derailed. Our current GOP representatives consistently vote with the most extreme elements of the Republican Party in the legislature and advocate for their own views over those of their constituents. They’re attempting to drive us back into the ditch by repealing the policies that have been moving Minnesota forward.
Please consider a donation in any amount. Click here to donate.
Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Chair, SD33 DFL
2014 SD 33 DFL Convention
Thank you to all delegates and volunteers for making it a great convention on March 15th! We are pleased to have endorsed Todd Mikkelson for MN House in 33A. Congratulations, Todd – it will be a great campaign!
We enjoyed a wonderful slate of speakers as shown in our pictures below – candidates for Secretary of State, Deborah Hillstrom and Steve Simon; MN State Auditor Rebecca Otto, MN Attorney General Lori Swanson; candidate for US House in CD3, Sharon Sund; Denise Bader on behalf of Governor Dayton’s campaign; and MN DFL Vice Chair Marge Hoffa.
Congratulations to our new officers and directors elected in our convention (see the “About” page); your willingness to provide leadership for the next two years is greatly appreciated!
We also had the pleasure of electing our delegates/alternates that will represent SD33 DFL on the State Central Committee and in the CD3 convention as well as the State Convention. Thank you to all for your time and for representing our district!
We look forward to a busy campaign season and hope to see many at upcoming events – stay tuned to our events page for ways to participate. With your help, we can turn this district blue!
Chair, SD33 DFL
Reflections on 2012:
2012 was an election year full of activity across Senate District 33. We started with the flurry of activity on redistricting and ran right into election season. It was a Summer and Fall full of parades, public events, candidate forums, voter outreach, and a tremendous event with Governor Dayton.
Thanks to everyone in the District for great enthusiasm and participation. We are looking forward to further strengthening our presence in SD 33 throughout 2013.
Connect with us: