2016 Record Breaking March 1st Caucus Attendance – Great April 9th Convention!
We enjoyed record breaking turnout for our March 1st caucuses conducted at 3 sites across our district. A special thank you to our tremendous conveners and all who stepped in to help on caucus night – what a special event! What a great group of Precinct Chairs and Vice Chairs elected on caucus night.
We saw so many new faces and the energy was tremendous! We’re looking forward to engaging with everyone as we work together to turn this district blue!
Our April 9th Convention at Orono High School had tremendous Delegate turnout and was an energetic day. We enjoyed tremendous speakers and had a great round of walking sub-caucuses to elect our CD3/State Delegates and Alternates – what fun for all of our new Delegates!
Thank you to all of our exceptional Pre-convention committees who worked so hard to make our convention a success. It was a smooth running day and a great environment for everyone! We voted for and sent forward our full slate of 34 Resolutions!
Our new Central Committee is starting our journey on May 4th and we are looking forward to engaging an exceptional group of Officers, Directors, and Precinct Chairs!
Let’s keep up the energy in our district as we step into this exciting election year! Stay tuned for upcoming events and please reach out with ideas. Remember, every person can make a difference – all volunteers and ideas are welcome!
Some great pics of caucus and convention below:
2016 Precinct Caucuses – March 1st, 7PM
The 2016 year in politics is ramping up. Precinct Caucuses were held in March with record attendance!
You might ask – ‘Why come to Precinct Caucus?‘
- Meet other Democrats in your area.
- Learn about what is happening in the DFL in our district.
- Meet candidates – many candidates attend caucus to meet voters.
- Complete preference ballot for President.
- Voice your position on issues – offer Resolutions to DFL Platform (come prepared by filling out the Resolution form).
- Volunteer to lead/elect leaders in your precinct – Precinct Chair/Vice Chair.
- Volunteer to help on Pre-Convention Committees.
- Volunteer/elect Delegates to the Senate District 33 DFL Convention (April 9th).
- Volunteer to be an Election Judge.
This is the grassroots action of our party. Your participation makes this a great experience for everyone!
Ways you can VOLUNTEER to help:
- Convene a Precinct Caucus – we train you and it is fun!
- Help people find their precinct locations at caucus
- Greet people at caucus site
- Join a Pre-Convention Committee (help arrange convention, endorse, modify SD33 DFL constitution, etc)
Just send an e-mail to Joe Casey, (former) Vice Chair (email@example.com) or Cathy Olson, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer. We welcome your participation and are planning a caucus full of information and action.
Those unable to attend caucus were able to put forth their names as Convention Delegate, Precinct Chair/Vice Chair, Pre-Convention Committee member, or an Election Judge by sending Cathy Olson (email@example.com) a completed Absentee Participation Form.
Participation is key to success – we have made great progress. With your help we can turn this district blue!
It was great to see you in March!